Ask Your Illinois Senator to vote YES on SB26!
Medicaid Financing for the Uninsured under the Affordable Care Act
Up for debate in the Illinois Senate is SB 26 - Medicaid Financing for the Uninsured under the Affordable Care Act.
SB 26, a bill that will finance the state’s Medicaid program to cover the uninsured, and launch a revolutionary piece of the Affordable Care Act, will likely be heard for a vote in the Illinois Senate the week of February 25th.
In Illinois today, hundreds of thousands of low-income adults without dependent children are not eligible for Medicaid. This major gap in healthcare coverage would be eliminated by SB 26 under the ACA.
We are at the finish line for a healthier, happier Illinois.
Ask your Senator to vote YES on SB 26 today! Call the easy and toll-free ‘Illinois Affordable Health Care Hotline’ 1-888-616-3322 to be connected to your legislator. Need some talking points? Click here.SB 26 authorizes Illinois to take advantage of the ACA to provide Medicaid to about 342,000 low-income Illinois citizens who are currently uninsured. Because of the ACA, Illinois can offer Medicaid to this population at no expense to the state for the first three years, and in later years the state will never pay more than 10% of the cost of this coverage (with federal funds covering the remaining 90%).
In addition, this Medicaid option is expected to bring $4.6 billion additional federal dollars into the state of Illinois just in the first three years, making it a great fiscal deal for Illinois!
Take action on this important legislation. Ask your Illinois Senator to vote YES on SB 26! Call the 'Illinois Affordable Health Care Hotline' 1-888-616-3322 to be connected to your legislator. Need some talking points? Click here.Is your Senator already a co-sponsor of the bill? Click here to find out, and call 1-888-616-3322 to give them a big "Thank You!"
You can also look up your State Senator’s contact information directlyusing this easy online tool! Click here.
Learn more about SB 26
*The 'Illinois Affordable Health Care Hotline’ is a function of the AARP Hotline. Please, do not be alarmed by the AARP phone recording. This phone line is open to everyone.